The Master of Science in Accountancy satisfies both the educational requirement to sit for the Uniform CPA exam and the 150-hour education requirement to apply for licensure as a CPA in North Carolina and many other states. More importantly, the MSA Program incorporates advanced coursework in auditing, taxation, financial reporting, information systems and other skills needed to succeed on the Uniform CPA exam and the practice of accounting.
Undergraduate Program in Accountancy
Ann joined Merit in 2004 after working at Arthur Andersen in the Energy Trading Consulting National Practice. Stacey Cloutier is the Lead Talent Director serving the Deloitte Advisory business. She is responsible for the strategy and delivery of Talent services for 15,000 professionals. She leads a team of Talent professionals, connects with all facets of the Talent and business organizations, and is a member of Deloitte’s National Talent Leadership team.
Both the words accounting and accountancy were in use in Great Britain by the mid-1800s, and are derived from the words accompting and accountantship used in the 18th century. In Middle English the verb “to account” had the form accounten, which was derived from the Old French word aconter, which is in turn related to the Vulgar Latin word computare, meaning “to reckon”.
How long will the course take me to complete?
The MS in accountancy is our most popular program and more specialized than the MBA in Accountancy. It is designed for students who have an accountancy or other business-related degree from an undergraduate institution. Students in the MS program have an opportunity to shorten their program length through course waivers, depending on the courses completed in undergraduate study . The learning experience is enhanced through paid internships, independent study and student group activities. Scholarshipsand awards are made available each semester for deserving students.
- In others, tax and regulatory incentives encouraged over-leveraging of companies and decisions to bear extraordinary and unjustified risk.
- (This does not include courses on the list of general business requirements that have been waived.
- John specializes in accounting and auditing for large, multinational commercial and investment banks as well as consumer finance businesses.
- Therefore, upon successful completion of this course, learners can also receive a certificate of achievement from Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the details of all the units the learner has completed as part of the course.
- In other words, you will develop a highly-sought after critical thinking and decision-making skill set—and use that to advance the greater good.